Everything is shipped from Kyoto, Japan with DHL, Fedex or UPS except in the case of a prior arrangement. Shipping cost depends on the volume of your order.
The shipping cost indicated is only a rough estimation (high estimation). The actual shipping cost is only known once the parcel is ready, but it's usually between 20 and 25% of the total of your order.
If the final shipping cost is eventually less expensive than the one estimated, we simply deduce it from your initial payment on PayPal or your credit card. If it's more expensive, we confirm your initial payment as it is and send you another money request for the remaining.
With certain specific exceptions, every order must be paid in full before dispatch.
You can either pay directly online with your credit card or your PayPal account, or make a bank transfer.
- If your order is less than 60 000 ¥ : online payment is compulsory (credit card or PayPal account)
- If your order is 60 001￥ and more : online payment OR bank transfer.
Please note that if you use bank transfer, or credit card for an order of more than 120,000 Yen, there will be a transfer charge of 4000 yen which you must pay at your end. These fees will be added to the final invoice.
Please note that prices do not include VAT and customs fees. Payment of taxes and duties will be charged to the client by a carrier after the delivery.
Magewappa Ume is a double tier bento box. 12.5 cm diameter x 9.3 cm height (4.9" x 3.6") and has capacity of approximately 800ml (upper tier 350 ml, lower tier 450 ml). The Bento&co logo is burned into the inside of the lid - we're proud to have our mark on such a high quality product. This small size lunchbox is perfect for a small lunch to go! Light weight: 210 grams.
Note that this is a genuine Odate Magewappa bento, made to the highest standards. You'll notice the quality immediately from when you touch the silky smooth surface and see the workmanship.
Made from sustainably farmed sugi (Japanese cedar) wood. Since the wood is treated just with a thin layer of Polyurethane paint on the outside of the box for its finish, some care should be taken with this box:
- Wash in lukewarm water.
- Do not use dishwasher detergent unless absolutely necessary.
- We recommend packing food that may stain the wood in a separate container, or in bento cups. Use a gentle sponge, nothing abrasive.
- Do not let it soak in cold or hot water for a long time.
- After washing, wipe off any excess water with a soft cloth, then leave the box open to dry completely. Replace the lid only after it has completely dried out, after a day or so.
- Avoid metal cutlery.
- Not dish-washer not microwave safe.
- With proper care, this box will last for many years.
- Made in Japan, in Odate, Akita Prefecture.