Komamonyo Two-Tier Wooden Bento Box | Yamanaka Lacquerware
Everything is shipped from Kyoto, Japan with DHL, Fedex or UPS except in the case of a prior arrangement. Shipping cost depends on the volume of your order.
The shipping cost indicated is only a rough estimation (high estimation). The actual shipping cost is only known once the parcel is ready, but it's usually between 20 and 25% of the total of your order.
If the final shipping cost is eventually less expensive than the one estimated, we simply deduce it from your initial payment on PayPal or your credit card. If it's more expensive, we confirm your initial payment as it is and send you another money request for the remaining.
With certain specific exceptions, every order must be paid in full before dispatch.
You can either pay directly online with your credit card or your PayPal account, or make a bank transfer.
- If your order is less than 60 000 ¥ : online payment is compulsory (credit card or PayPal account)
- If your order is 60 001￥ and more : online payment OR bank transfer.
Please note that if you use bank transfer, or credit card for an order of more than 120,000 Yen, there will be a transfer charge of 4000 yen which you must pay at your end. These fees will be added to the final invoice.
Please note that prices do not include VAT and customs fees. Payment of taxes and duties will be charged to the client by a carrier after the delivery.
The Komamonyo Two-Tier Wooden Bento Box is one of our most stunning bento boxes. Hand carved from Japanese horse chestnut wood, its design is inspired by the traditional Japanese “koma” (spinning top), a toy that was very popular during the Edo period. It symbolizes good fortune in the form of ever-constant wealth, and opportunities. Invite luck into your life with this artisan made heirloom bento.
What we love about it:
- Stunning conversation piece, whether you use it as a bento box, bonbon container, or decor for your home.
- Two tier design allows you to keep your foods separate. The tiers stack securely.
- Handmade beauty—to make this box, a solid piece of tochi wood (Japanese chestnut) is hollowed out, then turned on lathes to smooth the inside and groove the outside. The pieces are then hand lacquered in a vibrant, yet tasteful Japanese colorway. Note that there may be slight variations in the wood pattern, since no two pieces are alike.
- Allows rice to 'breathe', more so than if stored inside a plastic bento! This means that the rice tastes better.
Comes packaged in a beautiful handmade washi paper box.
Details & Care:
- Medium Capacity
Dimensions: φ13.0 × 12.0 cm (5.1 x 4.7 inches)
Materials: Tochi (Japanese Chestnut), laquer (food safe)
- Do not microwave, place in oven, dishwasher or near open flame.
- Hand wash only. Use warm water, a soft sponge and a mild dish washing detergent. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- With proper care, this box will become a family heirloom.
- We recommend using a furoshiki wrapping cloth to wrap and carry this box.
- Made in Ishikawa, Japan.