Have a taste of Japan at home with yummy taiyaki waffles!
Taiyaki is a classic Japanese street food. It's a fish-shaped waffle, traditionally filled with sweetened azuki beans or custard. With this convenient pan, you can make your own delicious taiyaki at home! Make them with classic azuki red bean paste or customize them with your own favorite filling.
Instructions for 8 to 10 Taiyaki :
- Prepare the batter with 150 g cake flour, 2/3 tsp. baking powder or soda, 1 egg, 180ml milk and 40g sugar. It's better if you can rest the batter, about 1 hour.
- Heat the Taiyaki pan and grease the pan with vegetable oil.
- Fill the Taiyaki pan mold about half full over medium low heat.
- Put your filling (azuki paste / custard / chocolate / nutella) in the middle of each fish.
- Close the pan and flip it immediately
- Cook for 3-4 minutes both side side.
Dimensions: 35 cm long x 14,5 cm wide and 4,5 cm high. (13.8"x 5.7"x 1,5")
Suitable for Gas Hobs (without heat sensor, or unlocked).
Made in South Korea.